PDA

View Full Version : HISTORY OF Dera Ghazi khan

fahad_dervi
07-24-2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufDnD0-Weo

bdgogia
07-25-2010, 09:47 AM
I found the clip quite interesting - would look for more showing people, streets and markets etc.

bdgogia
07-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I have enjoyed the clipping and accompanying details - but my impression as gathered was: three cities were settled based on the names of brothers - Ghazi Khan and Ismael
Khan - I have forgotten the third name - it was published in the magazine of Derawal (DGK) Patrika by someone thoroughly familiar with the historical facts - dgk was also called
Lamha dera - being in the south (as told to me by a very senior man of DIK. DGK was inundated by river Sindh and resettled in l9l0 - my grandmother (expired in l973) used
to narrate stories of old dgk - there was some seth Pokhardas (perhaps he owned a cinema hall in dgk) who had erected (usarya) a big house - and laat (perhaps some white
VIP) came to see it - but the house was used (handaya) for six months only - all this she use to hum in saraiki. In a way, all this is meaningless chatter but part of history.

bdgogia
07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Sain = salam tain shukriya

Janab dadaulatkhana l8 block vich hai - par aye block hay kithan - yani gol bagh toun chhoti nahar aale passe - kitti door - my memory is of l947 - and your descirption is
of current times - is it near Rani Bazar ? Do you have any friend in our ex-block - hope my curiosity does not bore you - visit to dgk is like khwahish - tasvir naal kam
chala ghinsoun - no possibility in the near future visible -

faraz_ameem
07-27-2010, 08:05 PM
aray to aa jayn na dgk. isi bahany aap ki outing ho jani hy! n dnt u wry about pics...u"ll get lots of pics in near future.

bdgogia
07-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Salam - sain

Aana tab hota hai jab an (annaj) aur jal (paani) naseeb main ho - aur isi liye shayad kehte hain - daaney daaney p likha hai khaney waley ka naam ?

nirma1230
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
thank you fahad to share the video really nice and informative, even the DGK people also dont know the history of dgk, it will give knowledge about our dgk
appreciated

bdgogia
06-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Bhai maza aa gaye aye comment dekh key ! Pichhle saal da comment hayi jendey uttain hun comment ayey - koi kharabi naien par itti itti der de baad cmment assan tain evein lagsi jiven koi sutta banda jaag povey ! No offence is meant but I have been repeatedly pointing out that active participation by members is missing. In mushiaras, if the audience does not give prompt response (daad) the poet looses interest ! Hope the future comments on such threads will be more frequent. Incidentally, my request for more news about the places of dgk I remember is still pending - shayad Dervi Saheb baon zyada busy thee gayey hin !

bdgogia
06-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Faraz_Ameem jkal baon busy thee gayey lagdan ! Pata naien kya chakar hey ? Koi ishq vishq da chakar na hovey baqi sab theek hey ! Ustad Ghalib ney farmaya hayi - Ishq par zor nahin hai ye voh aatish Ghalib - Jo lagaye na lagey aur bhujayey na baney !

puneet
08-13-2011, 07:22 AM
thanks
can anybody tell me about some jain tample was there in block 2 in jain mohalla
and any body can give me pictures related to that
i would b very thankful to you
jain puneet

puneet
08-13-2011, 07:23 AM
thanks
jain puneet

puneet
08-13-2011, 07:56 AM
janab meku koi dus do ki jain mohalla kithai hai hai to block 2 de wich
kindly oblige
jain puneet

SilverStar
08-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I cant help you puneet but what's so special about jain mohalla?

And where are you from?

bdgogia
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
thanks
jain puneet
Presume you are ex-dgk saraiki - my relative (l933 born) of Block 5 has first-hand knowledge of the subject - if you are Delhi based, you can contact him at 0ld Rajinder Nagar.

faraz_ameem
08-13-2011, 01:42 PM
sien 2 block ma tou koi Jian mohalla nhe hy..! nd no more old buildings n temples...can u give some more information about jain mohalla, I will check that!

faraz_ameem
08-13-2011, 01:44 PM
puneet: are u from DGK?

puneet
08-14-2011, 06:59 AM
sir
mere father dere gazi khan se related the

1947 ke gadar main vo as a REFUGEE india aa gayee
vo batate hai ki vaha humara jain tample tha
block 2 main
us tample ki murti vo india saath le aaye the aur sub kuch waha chour aye the
vo 1 baar apni sur jameen ke baare main jan na cha te the
thats y i send this message
kindly oblige
jain puneet

bdgogia
08-14-2011, 10:25 AM
thanks
jain puneet
If you are Delhi-based, you visit Derawal Bhawan in Kirti Nagar where you can still meet some deraywals who may be able to help/guide you ! Another source would be All India Derawal Biradari office located on Pusa Road.

faraz_ameem
08-14-2011, 12:48 PM
nice to hear about Derawall community office!

bdgogia
08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
janab meku koi dus do ki jain mohalla kithai hai hai to block 2 de wich
kindly oblige
jain puneet
Why not visit dgk to find out ?

puneet
08-15-2011, 12:25 PM
sir
embassy apply kya tha
2 baar reject ho gaya
hamari siasutain..........
aa jante he hai
its not 2222222 easy

bdgogia
08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
nice to hear about Derawall community office!
Are you Delhi-based ? Why are you not revealing ?

puneet
08-16-2011, 05:15 AM
yes
i am delhi based person

bdgogia
08-16-2011, 03:29 PM
sir
embassy apply kya tha
2 baar reject ho gaya
hamari siasutain..........
aa jante he hai
its not 2222222 easy
Keep on trying till you succeed. Tis a lesson you should heed - try try try again ! Surprise is that despite being Delhi-based you are not familiar with derawal social set-ups/organisations !

bdgogia
08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Are you aware that there is a dgk housing colony called Tarun Enclave ?

faraz_ameem
08-16-2011, 05:08 PM
wah..sain tusan v kujh pictures share karo DGK societies di!

faraz_ameem
08-16-2011, 05:12 PM
puneet: DGK ma foreigners ki entry ban hy last 10 years se. If you plan to visit Pakistan and DGK then You should take special permission from embassy before visiting Pakistan. Otherwise it will be useless for you to come to Pakistan and not get allowed to enter the boundary of DGK!

puneet
08-17-2011, 04:15 AM
thanks for the info
with in 1 or 2 days i will sare my people recent photo taken when they were in dgk
thanks for ur all support
tks
jain puneet

puneet
08-17-2011, 04:17 AM
yes
tarun enclave is there
previously named as DGK housing society

bdgogia
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Keep on trying till you succeed. Tis a lesson you should heed - try try try again ! Surprise is that despite being Delhi-based you are not familiar with derawal social set-ups/organisations !
Derawals have made good progress in Delhi of which you may be aware, and also that they are in large numbers in Dehradun, Palwal, Gurgaon and Bombay !

bdgogia
08-17-2011, 03:49 PM
aray to aa jayn na dgk. isi bahany aap ki outing ho jani hy! n dnt u wry about pics...u"ll get lots of pics in near future.
Sien - tussan sunyey na Puneet Jain koloun ki dgk vich entry ban hay sadey logain di - khair assan tasvir naal kam chala ghinsoun !

bdgogia
08-17-2011, 03:55 PM
thanks for the info
with in 1 or 2 days i will sare my people recent photo taken when they were in dgk
thanks for ur all support
tks
jain puneet
Hum intezaar karengey !

faraz_ameem
08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
sien avan da irada hovay te koi masla koini, permissions v mil vendin

bdgogia
08-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Hum intezaar karengey !
Have you seen message of Faraz_ameem regarding permission to visit dgk can be made possible ? Actually, there are three 70+ Delhi-based saraiki-speaking Advocates from dgk (myself), DI Khan and Multan, who expressed desire to visit our native places but somehow the plan is yet to materialise !

bdgogia
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
sien avan da irada hovay te koi masla koini, permissions v mil vendin
Sien - shukriya - saku puri umeed hay ki kaien dhyarey tussan wadi karsi tain baith kain kujh kareso taaki saraiki log assani naal a sakan aapney puraney watan tain visa assani naal mi!ey innain ko !

faraz_ameem
08-17-2011, 06:45 PM
hahahaha...sien medy intezar ich bethy te wal tuada avan da koi chance koini...

puneet
08-18-2011, 06:57 AM
twadi saku eve he help mildi rahi ta mede father dere aa sukde ve
thanks
jain puneet

by the way how i can upload the photos here
i dont know it

faraz_ameem
08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
you can upload photos on any other website and then share that link here!

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Have you seen message of Faraz_ameem regarding permission to visit dgk can be made possible ? Actually, there are three 70+ Delhi-based saraiki-speaking Advocates from dgk (myself), DI Khan and Multan, who expressed desire to visit our native places but somehow the plan is yet to materialise !
Sien - Ghalib said - aashiqi sabr-talab tamanna betab, dil kkya rang karoun khun-e-jigar honey tak ?

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Sien - Purani missal hay - jerey veley jithaan jithaan da abo-dana honday banda othaien pahunch venday ! Bi missal hay - daney daney pey likha hai khaney waley ka naam - do you disagree with these missals ?

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Sien - shukriya - saku puri umeed hay ki kaien dhyarey tussan wadi karsi tain baith kain kujh kareso taaki saraiki log assani naal a sakan aapney puraney watan tain visa assani naal mi!ey innain ko !
Sien - assan aa sakoun aye dua tussan karo - suntay hain ki sunta hai voh sab ki duaain - hun tuaadi dua kiti pur-asar hay aye dekhan aali cheeze hay !

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 05:03 PM
hahahaha...sien medy intezar ich bethy te wal tuada avan da koi chance koini...
Sien - hun sadi duaa da kya ya kiti der dey baad asar thisi aye tain waqt hi dasesi ?

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
you can upload photos on any other website and then share that link here!
Sien - hun kerey photos dey barey vich aadey payey ho ? Photo tain tussan upload karo so that we can feel as if we are in dgk because of those snaps !

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
twadi saku eve he help mildi rahi ta mede father dere aa sukde ve
thanks
jain puneet

by the way how i can upload the photos here

i dont know it
Tuaadey father di umr kya hay ? I think group visa is given easily - apart from three saraiki speaking Advocates, including me, another dgk 75+ person has expressed desire to visit our native place - dekho sada ann-jal hay ya naien ?

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM
wah..sain tusan v kujh pictures share karo DGK societies di!
Sien - tussan vi baleyn aali kar gaal karendey lagdey ho - the reference is to two housing socities created by people of dgk - assan tain uthaien rahnday naien - vla bganey ghar di photo bhejan naal kya thisi ? However, this item has immense news value that dgk people have done quite well ! If there is a photo of some function then I shall try to upload it. As it is the newer generation is oblivious to our historic connection with dgk - Puneet Jain seems to be a rare exception !

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
yes
i am delhi based person
0ur family came to Delhi about 64 years ago - I went to Jain School at Bara Tooti, and we still are in occupation of house we entered in l947 - if you have any connection with this area, then maybe we know each other - currntly I am in West Delhi !

bdgogia
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
yes
tarun enclave is there
previously named as DGK housing society
My late father was very actively connected with this society - but we are yet to get a plot !

faraz_ameem
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
puneet: bdgogia:
Sien just discussed Jain muhalla of 2 block with my Chacha Jan, he shared much information. he told that Mandir was transformed into Masjid after the Hindos left and there wasn't a single Hindu in community. And there was one big Building, that was transformed into a school. he also told there are many old buildings left in that area. I will go tomorrow and check those, hope fully try to bring pictures as well. :-)

puneet
08-20-2011, 07:13 AM
i was also in the same school
heera lal jain school
meri dilii tammana hai ki main apne father ko apni sar jameen dikha do
vo 74 yrs ke hai
aaj kul loog modernization ke jamaane main apne maa baap ko bhee bhool jate hai
pur aaj bhee main apne MAA BAAP ke saath rehta hu
mere MAA BAAP mere saath nahi rehte

love you all

bdgogia
08-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Sien - hun kerey photos dey barey vich aadey payey ho ? Photo tain tussan upload karo so that we can feel as if we are in dgk because of those snaps !

Faraz ji - dekho kainjha kamal thi gayey ? Dgk da saraiki dujhey saraiki naal tuaadey chanel tain takkarey ! Puneet Jain also went to same school as me though he should be my son's age - his father is three years older than me ! Hun puchho rishta puchhan aalayain kul ki sada kya rishta dujhey saraiki naal ?

bdgogia
08-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Sien - tussan vi baleyn aali kar gaal karendey lagdey ho - the reference is to two housing socities created by people of dgk - assan tain uthaien rahnday naien - vla bganey ghar di photo bhejan naal kya thisi ? However, this item has immense news value that dgk people have done quite well ! If there is a photo of some function then I shall try to upload it. As it is the newer generation is oblivious to our historic connection with dgk - Puneet Jain seems to be a rare exception !
Sien - there are basically two dgk set-ups - All India Derawal Biradari which had conducted a complete census of people of dgk, and Dgk Housing Coop. Society. But dereywals and saraikis are found all over the city of Delhi even though they do not converse in their own language ! People of DI Khan have a housing colony called Inderpuri but the older generation (above 70) still recall their native place with nostalgia ! Similar housing colonies by other saraikis like - Mianwali Nagar, Multan Nagar, New Multan Nagar, Kohat Enclave Liaih Enclave and Nirankari Colony also exist. They recognise each other after asking - pichhoun kithoun dey ho and surnames !

bdgogia
08-20-2011, 07:42 AM
0ur family came to Delhi about 64 years ago - I went to Jain School at Bara Tooti, and we still are in occupation of house we entered in l947 - if you have any connection with this area, then maybe we know each other - currntly I am in West Delhi !
My guess was correct !

bdgogia
08-20-2011, 07:57 AM
puneet: bdgogia:
Sien just discussed Jain muhalla of 2 block with my Chacha Jan, he shared much information. he told that Mandir was transformed into Masjid after the Hindos left and there wasn't a single Hindu in community. And there was one big Building, that was transformed into a school. he also told there are many old buildings left in that area. I will go tomorrow and check those, hope fully try to bring pictures as well. :-)
Sien - shukriya - I have no personal knowledge of Jain mohalla being a kid of less than 7 at that time - they were called Bhabreys - my memory is restricted to our own block, Gol Bagh, Blocks 5 and 10 which had houses of our close relatives - can you believe that during dgk of our era everybody knew everybody as the total population was only 20,000 ! It is now said to be over 20 lakhs ?

faraz_ameem
08-20-2011, 04:19 PM
sien even since 2001 the population was not that big...tuakun har muhally ich koi na koi wakif mil wenda haa, but hun bahun log aa gyn bahr kalo, hun te ae masla ha ma apni colony ich 100% logen kun na jarda hami..

bdgogia
08-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Sien - assan aa sakoun aye dua tussan karo - suntay hain ki sunta hai voh sab ki duaain - hun tuaadi dua kiti pur-asar hay aye dekhan aali cheeze hay !
Sien - Puneet Jain says that visa is not given for visiting dgk - vla kiveyn aasoun ? Supnay vich vi mushqil lagdey - rastey yaad naien - dujha tuuadi umr dey logain dey supney vich budhey log kyoun assan - tuaadi khwahish tain hosi ki Rakhi Sawant jayi aawey ?

bdgogia
08-27-2011, 04:58 PM
sien even since 2001 the population was not that big...tuakun har muhally ich koi na koi wakif mil wenda haa, but hun bahun log aa gyn bahr kalo, hun te ae masla ha ma apni colony ich 100% logen kun na jarda hami..
Sien - aye l00% aali gaal tain sadey veley hondi hayi jadan total population 20,000 hayi - hun tain sunyey 20 lakh thi gayn ? Navain log kithoun aandey payn tain kedi boli bolendan ?

faraz_ameem
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
sein ird gird de ekaken tou oundy pyn navy log....sardiyen ich te pura balochistan v ithyn aa wendy! wsy DGK te hay v baloch area, mostly population baloch belt di hay

bdgogia
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM
sein ird gird de ekaken tou oundy pyn navy log....sardiyen ich te pura balochistan v ithyn aa wendy! wsy DGK te hay v baloch area, mostly population baloch belt di hay
Sien - balochi tain shayad DI Khan aalay passey honday hun ? Tuaakoun pata hay ki DI Khab aalay sadey Derey koun Lamha Dera aakhdey hun ? Aye navain log vi saraiki hi bolendan ya koi bi zuban ?

faraz_ameem
08-30-2011, 08:33 PM
sien saraiki speaking hin o log v

shehzad leghari
01-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Han yar dera ghazi khan me jain mandir ki building ha 2 block me lekin wahan pe ab muncipal corporation ka primary school bn gaya ha me ne b three aur class four wahen pe parhi ha. bahut achi building ha lekin ab bahut purani ho gai ha.

thanks
jain puneet

bdgogia
02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Han yar dera ghazi khan me jain mandir ki building ha 2 block me lekin wahan pe ab muncipal corporation ka primary school bn gaya ha me ne b three aur class four wahen pe parhi ha. bahut achi building ha lekin ab bahut purani ho gai ha.

Zahir hay sau saal purani building hosi - l9l0-11 vich navan Dera banya hayi - the value of such bits of news for those on this side of dividing line is pleasing. Would request to Janab Shehzad Leghari to give us more news about landsmarks of our era to the extent possible !

shakilbhatti
02-17-2012, 08:39 PM
hi brother.. this is shakil and i m from D.G.Khan but currently residing in Dubai and working as banker here and you are absolutely right about the narrating tales about the D.G.Khan and your predecessors used to live here ever and what you got about the takes of Dera Ghazi Khan, its all true sir.. and thanks for showing your interest into my home city.. take care and bye bye

bdgogia
02-18-2012, 05:49 AM
hi brother.. this is shakil and i m from D.G.Khan but currently residing in Dubai and working as banker here and you are absolutely right about the narrating tales about the D.G.Khan and your predecessors used to live here ever and what you got about the takes of Dera Ghazi Khan, its all true sir.. and thanks for showing your interest into my home city.. take care and bye bye

Sien - salam - tussan baon bholey lagdey ho jaddan tussan aadey ho - thanks for showing interest into my home city - Dgk is my birth place also - I was born at House No.32 in P Block - near Gol Bagh - sadey purkhey uthain 150-200 saal toun rahndan hun - as per written records available at Hardwar.

I am giving below some details about Dgk of our era:-

History of DG Khan:
Formation of dgk district (1494 A.D.)
Towards the close of l5th century, one Haji Khan Beloch, member of Mirani branch of Dodai tribe entered the service of Sultan Hussain , the Langa ruler of Multan. After the death of Sultan, Haji Khan set up independent authority in the greater part of the territory towards west of river Indus which from thence onwards became known as Dera Ghazi Khan after the name of his son, Ghazi Khan, who succeeded him, and who died in l994, as the date on his tomb at the village of Choratta showed.
Most of the District then was a desert waste, and only a few towns in addition to dDgk are said to then exist.
Miranis ruled Dgk for fifteen generations. They acknowledged the sovereignty of emperor ruling at Delhi. The last Ghazi Khan Mirani who exercised authority died in l758 A.D.
It is said that Dgk was so popoular for its varieties of mangoes that the Nawabs from Baluchistan, Kandhar and Multan used to vist Dgk in the summer season to enjoy the mangoes and bath in the Kasturi canal with its ghats and shady trees.
The principal buildings in the town were the three Hindu temples – of Shri Gopinathji, shri Naunit Priyaji, and Narsingh Bhagwan, and a number of Muslim mosques namely Ghazi Khan mosque, Abdul Jabar’s mosque, Haji Mohd Sadozai’s mosque, Shah Kamal and Naurang Sha’s tomb.
There was mixed Hindu and Muslim population in the town, and both communities lived peacefully.
2.Some events of historical importance at Dgkhan:-
1539 – A.D. When Humayun was defeated by Sher Shah Suri, he fled to Persia via Dera Ghazi Khan District
At vitakari on the banks of kaha in Leghari Barakhan, Sir Robert Sandeman and the party saw an inscription on a tablet of rock purporting to record that King Jehangir of Delhi and Nur-ud-din King of Khorasan prayed there on their way to Kandhar.
Jehangir is stated in the Elphinstone History of India to have marched to Kabul in l626 A.D. and it is probably then that he went to Barakhan plain.
Shah Shuja’s followers escaped by Sanghar pass from Dost Mohd Khan, King of Afghanistan in 1811. In former days it was a much used moghul road from Kandhar to India.
British Governor General, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and Shah Shuja signed an agreement at Simla on 25-6-1838. Shah Shuja surrendered claim and title on Dera Ismail Khan and Dera Ghazi Khan and the province of Multan.

Tell me if you like the details or you find it boring ?

puneet
02-18-2012, 03:43 PM
thanks
u had given me wonderful information
i love u all dgk people
jain puneet
india

bdgogia
02-18-2012, 03:58 PM
I am still awaiting response from Janab Shehzad Leghari or a similarly knowledgeable person from Dgk about the building of Hindu High School located in C block, even though I did not attend this school, and went to the junior branch during l946 - decades ago.

faraz_ameem
02-19-2012, 08:46 PM
sien Hindu school wasn't in C block, it was and still is in 36 block. Its now converted into a Commerce College, and its name is "Government Post Graduate College of Commerce". The old hall of Hindu School is still there with its old Marble Name Plate..Hopefully I'll get its pictures soon and show you.

bdgogia
02-20-2012, 07:12 AM
sien Hindu school wasn't in C block, it was and still is in 36 block. Its now converted into a Commerce College, and its name is "Government Post Graduate College of Commerce". The old hall of Hindu School is still there with its old Marble Name Plate..Hopefully I'll get its pictures soon and show you.

Shukriya janab da - in advance.

Rashid
03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
A picture of the school will be pleasing and of great interest to many who were directly or indirectly connected to the school..

bdgogia
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
A picture of the school will be pleasing and of great interest to many who were directly or indirectly connected to the school..
Sien - where is the photo ? Have you not heard - aaney ka wada karkey aaye na khwab main ? Most of the directly connected persons with the school are no longer around, but those indirectly connected will definitely cherish it. Still there is a famous filmi song - tasveer teri dil mera balha na sakegi !

faraz_ameem
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
sien wait for tomorrow..'ll get it for sure