07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Let's just see which cities in Pakistan or India really speak Saraiki

I've narrowed it down to following

Dera Ghazi Khan
Rajanpur District
Muzaffargaṛh
Multan
Bahawalpur
Taunsaa? (Does it come under Rajanpur district?)

What about Sahiwaal?

faraz_ameem
07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Bahawalpur,
Bahawalnagar,
Rahim Yar Khan,
Multan,
Khanewal,
Lodhran,
Dera Ghazi khan,
Muzzafargarh,
Layyah,
Rajanpur,
Mianwali,
Bhakkar
Khushab,
Dera Ismail Khan

faraz_ameem
07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Tauna comes under dgkhan distt. n sahiwal is punjabi speaking area.

areas surroundig multan also speak saraiki, which include Shuja Abad and Melsi etc

bdgogia
07-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Sain - salam

Ijazat hove tain mein arz karan - gustakhhi maaf - Delhi vich karib l0 lakh (guesswork) saraiki (not saraiki-speaking) hossan par aapni zaban vich bolan aale tain khatam thi gain tain khatam thinde venden - it is a fact - we all now speak in Hindi only - and the newer generation shows little pride in their roots.

bdgogia
07-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Professor Ji -
Why have you left out Quetta, Bannu from the list - Quetta was known as summer capital of dgk - even now it is common to
find in obit-notices reference to Quetta - in the earthquake of Quetta - I am told there was no family in dgk which did not lose
a dear one - Bannu - I would know because my Nana was working there - I also heard of a place called - Chaman - which
used to be saraiki speaking

bdgogia
07-24-2010, 07:14 AM
In India - no city is associated with saraiki language - in Delhi - there used to be an area called Multani Dhanda where the language of the newly arrived ones was saraiki - even they have shifted to greener pasteurs - and present day generation
speaks Hindi or angrezi

faraz_ameem
07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I will have to confirm these things from my father that u r referencing.

fahad_dervi
07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
sir dera ghazi khan di administration te dco de order nal summer wich fort munro shift thi wendi he. te mianwali pehle bannu di tehsil hye. hurr bannu wich pathan kafi ziada hen kiyu k o (n.w.f.p) da hissa he. dera ismail khan di position wi ewwe hi he.

bdgogia
07-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Sain -
You are talking about saraiki speaking cities - here in Delhi - even in colonies where majority is of sarikis the new generation does not speak the native language - perhaps it is no longer spoken even in their home

bdgogia
07-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Difference in bayan - sain
Fahad_dervi is talking of modern times - whereas my reference to Quetta being summer capital has relevance of our time - the earthquake of Quetta left every family of dgk
grieving for loss of someone or the other - the entire family of the elder brother of my grandfather was wiped away - even now you find in 0bit-notices ...so-and-so of Quetta