PDA

View Full Version : why people ignore to admit being Saraiki?

Ameer Malik
07-20-2010, 05:53 AM
salam! why the Saraiki people most of time ignore to accept that they are Saraiki. in my class two girls and 3 boys are Saraiki but when i ask you are Saraiki? they say no. but sometime when they are alone and i try to speak them Saraiki, they answer me in proper Saraiki. i am stunned for this hypocracy.

SilverStar
07-20-2010, 07:57 AM
:wa:

I am not quite sure but you are absolutely right. There are quite a lot of people who wouldnt speak or admit being saraiki. Honestly I am one of them who couldn't speak it when I was going to Inter College but I learnt it.

faraz_ameem
07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
yar that's an unfortunate reality. the only reason behind this, I see is the lack of education and specially lack of confidence. it may be due to less exposure to the world. ppl tend to hide their bio data, even I have seen ppl who don't take name of dgk, they tell that they belong to Multan. if u ask them in detail where in multan, then they tell there is a place named dgkhan near multan.
this issue will be tackled when there will be much literacy and when ppl will believe in themselves. they will be proud nation and successful only when they will recognize their identity.

SilverStar
07-20-2010, 09:19 PM
I know I say Multan as well just because it's bigger city and people have heard of it. If you say DGKhan, no one knows it. I went to renew my passport in Pakistan High Commission in london the other day and as I was born in dgkhan, the commissioner called me specially in his cabin to have a chat with me and see the person who was born in Dera Ghazi Khan lol...it made me laugh but we had good chat.

Ameer Malik
07-22-2010, 06:55 PM
salam! some how when i have some chat with new people who don't know about me and my Distt. Layyah and after word my TEhsile Karor Laal Eson. i tell them that i am payndooo. and most of time they respect me alot because in most cases feel ashamed being called as payndooo. but i feel good, i am payndooo. what it means, " a villager" . than what's the problem. they listen me carefully bcos i admit the truth. they know i have some self confidence. we should admit what we are, what we have and what we belong. things will be easy. thanks for all friends who reply with sincerity.
pray for me as i have submitted my documents for migration from my current university to " Capital Medical University" BEIJING. i hope i will get it.
Allah Haafiz

SilverStar
07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Payndoo really does mean someone from village but i think now a days it is interpreted as a stupid person....shaid es liye ke village people are quite innocent and simple.

Hope your university papers come through with ease.

bdgogia
07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
But, let us face the fact also - dgk had only one High school in l947 - however, I am quite proud of my roots plus language and traditions - Lahoriyas and punjabis were much
ahead of us - why they still say - jis lahore nain vekhya - o te jamya hi nahin - and now it seems to late to see Lahore - and be counted as born - I saw some serial on
Discovery channel - Multan is the oldest city in that region - about l350 years old.

faraz_ameem
07-24-2010, 04:11 PM
yes Multan is the oldest city in the region. and the historians have stated Lahore as a place in the surroundings of Multan. and 1 interesting thing, the language of Multan is saraiki. and by this evidence saraiki is the oldest language of the region.

bdgogia
07-25-2010, 10:07 AM
How does one saraiki recognise another one - through hear him talking or asking him - here we guess by surnames - and confirm - I went on tour to a distant place about 2100 kms - from my name the other person was able to guess that I could be from the same area - his surname was Chaudhry - he was from Jampur area - but how you do it ?

bdgogia
07-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Shikarpur in Sindh was an area full of simpletons - synonymous with paindoos -but people of this area have achieved unparallel distinctions and imminence in Iran - we do not become paindoos because we hail from backward areas - but we become conscious and suffer from complexes