PDA

View Full Version : Saraiki zuban

bdgogia
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I met a few senior citizens in the neighboring District park where they assemble to exchange gupshup
and pass time in playing cards - they were talking in saraiki - and confirmed they were from Multan, Mianwali and
Muzaffar Garh, but revealed that in their own households no one of younger generation either speaks
or takes pride in speaking the native language. What language the new settlors of dgk speak - someone
mentioned people of Haryana - Mewat were settled in the houses vacated.

Those who still take pride in our past traditions are quite old (in real sense) and antiquated. But, one
thing one needs to admire is their strength and stamina. Medicines and health care has greatly improved
their longevity and life style.

bdgogia
07-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Faraz_ameem -

Thanks for your offer to locate my/our erstwhile house in P block in August - does dgk have a direct flight from UK ? l947 vich te rail vi na aandi hayi - Multan vanjke gadi pakdi hayi Karachi waste, but I was told there was a station called Ghazi Ghat ?

Secret of success -

There was an English poem when I was studying in class VI - we started English from class V only - Tis a lesson
you should heed, try try try again.

faraz_ameem
07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
@bdgogia (http://www.dgkhan.org/forum/member.php?u=119): new settlers of dgk mostly speak saraiki, at least every1 can speak saraiki even if they adapt in their home or not. and there is direct flight from dubai to dgk. flights from uk mostly land in islamabad, lahore and karachi.

bdgogia
08-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I met a saraiki speaking person - one decade senior to me - in the dispensary today - on guessing through his language nuances, I asked him which place he belonged to -
Taunsa Shariff he replied and adding that I would not have heard of this town - but I knew - so, I asked him whether he had heard about a renowned Urdu journalist called
Fikr Taunsvi - his reply was that the person was his own real uncle - this person confirmed that he had been to dgk for his class x exam. - while sarikis do come across each
other in Delhi but none routinely speaks this language - this topic would be quite boring in comparison to current topics like flirting etc. In our era, the elder's blessing used
to be - hayati hovi - may you live long - but now it would need to be modified - which I am unable to pronounce - but samajhne valey samajh gayey hain.......na samjhey...
anari hai ! So, happy fl....ng.

bdgogia
11-07-2010, 11:29 AM
In the family gathering today on our important festival after diwali, I was surprised to learn that my l0 years old nephew knows not one word of saraiki - when there are equal number of saraikis on this side of wagha !

faraz_ameem
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
hahaha.....tu sikhayn na osy saraiki

Degrian
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Jadan tussan unha nal saraiki na aalaisu te kitho aawee saraiki per jald adapt kar ginseen jekar unha di mother longue he ta....

bdgogia
11-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Salam - medey bar bar dassan de baad vi haali aye wazah nahin thya lagda ki dilli shahr vich saraiki log ajkal aapni boli vich nahin bolendey aapney gharan vich - gradually we
have stopped and speak only in Hindi (akin to Urdu) - my (foreign-based) grandson does not even know Hindi barring a few words picked up during his short annual visits - earlier it was unthinkable !

faraz_ameem
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
hahaha.....gooood

bdgogia
12-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Jadan tussan unha nal saraiki na aalaisu te kitho aawee saraiki per jald adapt kar ginseen jekar unha di mother longue he ta....
Saien - the problem is not picking up any language - if you have always stayed abroad and no longer use your own language in the house then the problem is real !

shoaib gurchani
09-15-2012, 05:29 PM
saraki zuban bht methii zuban hy , aur iski tarqi k liy hm saraikiton ko kafi mehnat karna hogi