PDA

View Full Version : Acknowlegement and thanks

bdgogia
06-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Dear friends:

I enjoyed to read all the remarks including the one saying "he is quite old" - old but not quite.
I look forward to interaction with you - my hobbies include music, astrology and homeopathy.
I am eager to know more about DGK, and the progress made by this once sleepy town. All of you would know much more and how it has transformed. This place did not have any College in l947, and now we understand that there are a large number of Colleges.

My favourite singers include Mallika Pukhraj (and her daughtr Tahira) apart from Noor Jahan.

Best of wishes,

faizanijaz
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
hmmmm thats nice but if u remember the dg khan of 1947 then i think he is right abt "quite old"::D

anywayz welcome.........so any memorable thing of old dg khan ??????

SilverStar
06-18-2010, 04:52 PM
hmmmm thats nice but if u remember the dg khan of 1947 then i think he is right abt "quite old"::D

:giggle:

My apologise, that was me saying "Quite old" but like faizanijaz said if you were in DGKhan in 1947 then may be I got it right :)

Oh I don't know...why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself and your old memories in dgkhan as we'll be able to tell you if those things or features still exist or so.

I don't think you'll have any old pictures but if you have, then I'd die to see them.

faraz_ameem
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
@bdgogia (http://www.dgkhan.org/forum/member.php?u=119): nice to c u at this forum! I will love to hear u.
wat was ur age at time of partition?

waseeb
06-19-2010, 03:59 AM
First of all warm welcome bdgogia to our forum and thanks for joining us.We all are waiting for you information about old D.G.Khan....so hope you will be back soon with amazing and usefull information...

bdgogia
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM

People - those who have come to this side have also done quite well. DGK Khan had connection with Quetta which was called summer capital of DGK. Quetta had an earthquake which destroyed the area, and there was not one family of DGK which did not lose somebody or the other. My grandfather's elder brother lost his entire family w
which was staying there. He also expired in l946 but bequeathed his house in P block. So, we had two
houses. Our folks used to say that Quetta waster was pure like that of dgk, and life expectancy has gone up.
I find two neighbors of mine - of dgk - who are 10 to 15 years older than me enjoying their pensions, which have become good. The current pensions in many cases are more than what they received as last salaries, thanks to liberal policies of the government. Two more memorable items of dgk - Mela of Sakhi sarwar, and dhawni at
Canal.

Sad though we donot speak our native language any more although people of Multan and sindhis continue to do so
do so. I used to watch PTV programme of Saraiki on Thursday afternoons.

Best wishes for everyone,

bdgogia
06-20-2010, 12:37 PM
@bdgogia (http://www.dgkhan.org/forum/member.php?u=119): nice to c u at this forum! I will love to hear u.
wat was ur age at time of partition?

My date of birth is 5-11-1940, and after passing class l, I left for Karachi in May 1947.

bdgogia
06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
:giggle:

My apologise, that was me saying "Quite old" but like faizanijaz said if you were in DGKhan in 1947 then may be I got it right :)

Oh I don't know...why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself and your old memories in dgkhan as we'll be able to tell you if those things or features still exist or so.

I don't think you'll have any old pictures but if you have, then I'd die to see them.

There is nothing to be sorry about - but I did not realise that the current computer savvy generation will be much younger than I guessded. My guess was that Professor would be grey-haired and my revised guess would be between 20 and 25.

Much of what I remember of dgk is by etched memory as there was not much to do in those days in the small town. The most popular mode of travel was on foot, although tongas were used for going to Bus stop.
No train touched dgk.

There might be some old picture of Delhi but not dgk. and I might have to look for it. Let me assure you that youngsters did not look much different except that Hindus used to have a choti, which disappeared post 1947.