PDA

View Full Version : Al Quran

Degrian
06-07-2010, 03:08 PM
A BEAUTIFUL STORY ABOUT QURAN.....

Why do we read Quran, even if we can't understand Arabic words (mostly Asians Europeans and Americans) ???? This is a beautiful story.

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, 'Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?'

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, 'Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.'

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, 'You'll have to move a little faster next time,' and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, 'I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough,' and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, 'See Grandpa, it's useless!'

'So you think it is useless?' The old man said, 'Look at the basket.' The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

'Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out.
That is the work of Allah in our lives.'

May Allah S.W.T bless us all...
Ameen sum ameen

SilverStar
06-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Haha, honestly I always wondered that as well. Got an answer now

Thanks for sharing. :)

Degrian
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Some Important General Knowledge about Quran Paak

Dear All,
Assalamu alaikkum

Underneath the useful and the valuable collection about the Holy Quran is
given in form of questions and answers which usefull for all Muslims....

The aim is to know more about the Holy Book of ALLAH with a one glance

How many Sura are in Holy Quran ?

How many Verses are in Holy Quran ?

How many dots are in Holy Quran ?

How many p e sh are in Holy Quran ?

How many under bar ( Zaer ) are in Holy Quran ?

How many R u que are in Holy Quran ?

How many stop ( Waqf ) are in Holy Quran ?

How many Thashdeed are in Holy Quran ?

How many letters are in Holy Quran ?

How many over bar (zaber) are in Holy Quran ?

How many "Madd" are in Holy Quran ?

How many words are in Holy Quran ?

How many parts of Holy Quran ?

How many time "Besmillah Al-Rahmaan Al-Raheem" is repeated ?

How many Sura start with "Besmillah Al-Rahmaan Al-Raheem" ?

How many time the word 'Quran' is repeated in Holy Quran ?

How many words are in the longest Sura of Holy Quran ?

How many words are in the smallest Sura of Holy Quran ?

How many sura start with the Initials ( Mukette'at )?

How many Sura are in 30th. Chapter ?

How many sura are Makkahi ?

How many sura are Madni ?

Which is the longest Sura of Holy Quran ?.
Al-Baqarah

Which is the best drink mentioned in Holy Quran ?
Milk.

Which is the shortest Sura of Holy Quran ?
Qausar.

Which letter is used for the most time in Holy Quran.?
Alaph

Which letter is used for the less time in Holy Quran ?
Zaa.

Which is the best night mentioned in Holy Quran ?.
Night of Qadar

Which is the best month mentioned in Holy Quran ?.
Ramzan

Which is the biggest animal mentioned in Holy Quran ?.
Elephant

Which is the smallest animal mentioned in Holy Quran ?
Ant

Which Sura of Holy Quran is called the mother of Quran ?
Sura Hamd

Which sura is on the name of tribe of Holy Prophet ?
Quresh

Which sura is called the heart of Holy Quran ?.
Yaseen

Which sura is on the name of one Holy war ?.
Sura Ahzaab

Which sura is on the name of one Metal ?
Sura Hadeed

Which sura does not starts with Bismellah ?
Sura Tauba.

Which sura is called ' Aroos-ul-Quran ?.
Sura Rehman

Which sura is considered as 1/3 of holy Quran ?.
Sura Tauheed

Which Sura was revealed twice ?.
Sura Hamd

Which Sura are called Muzetain ? .
Falk & Nas

Which are those Sura if their name are reversed remain the same ? .
Lael & Tabbat

Which Sura start with word ' Tabara Kallazi' ?
Mulk & Furkan

Which Sura is related to Hazrat Ali ? .
Sura Adiat

Which sura every verse ends with letter 'Dal ' ?
Tauheed.

Which Sura is revealed in respect of Ahllelbayet ?
Sura Dahr.

Which sura every verse ends with letter ' Ra '?
Qauser.

Which sura is having the laws about marriage ? .
Sura Nesa

Which sura if its name is reversed becomes the name of one bird ?
Sura Room.

Which Sura has the number of its verses equal to the number of Masumeen ?
Saf, 14 verses.

In which sura the story of the worship of cow of Bani Esra'iel is mentioned ?
Sura Taha.

In which sura the law of inheritance is mentioned?
Sura Nesa.

In which sura the Hegira of Holy Prophet is mentioned ?
Sura Infall.

In which Sura the 27 Attributes of God are mentioned ?
Sura Hadeed

In which sura Besmillah came twice ?
Sura Naml.

In which Sura the back biter are condemned ?.
Sura Humzah

In which Sura the name of Allah is repeated in every verse ?.
Sura Mujadala

In which Sura the letter 'Fa' did not come ? .
Hamd

In which sura the creation of human being is mentioned ?
Sura Hijr V-26.

In which sura the regulations for prisoner of war is mentioned ?
Sura Nesa

Macci Sura were revealed in how many years ?
13 years

Madani Sura were revealed in how many years ?
10 years

Which Sura has the same number of verses as the number of Sura of Holy Quran
?
Taqveer, 114

verses.

Which sura start with word Kad ? .
Mujadala &
Momenoon

How many Sura's name is only one letter ?
3,Qaf, Sad & Noon

How many Sura start with word " Inna " ?
4,Fatha,
Nuh,Qadr, Qausar

How many Sura start with "Al-Hamdulilah" ?
5,Hamd, Inaam,
Kahf, Saba & Fatr

Which sura are called Musabbahat ?
Esra, Hadeed,
Hsar, Juma,
Taghabun & Aala.

Which sura are named Azaiam ? .
Sajdah, Fusselat,
Najum & Alaq

These are helpful for our life:

Sura Yasin........................Relief from azaab in the grave.
Sura Ar Rahman..............It'll make us rich in dunia.
Sura Al Waqiya................It'll release u from hunger.
Sura al mulk.....................Brings light in ur grave…
Sura Al Jasiya..................It'll bring peace in ur life

8 Grades in "Jannath":

1. Jannatul mava.
2. Darul maqaam
3. Darul Salaam
4. Darul Khuld
5. Jannatul-adaan
6. Jannatul-nayeem
7. Jannatul-kasif
8. Jannatul-firdous

Best of in Our Life:

Leader.....................Allah
Guide......................Quran
Lyrics.......................Azaan
Loyalty....................Imaan
Request...................Dua
Protection...............Fitra
Oath.........................Kalma
Exercise...................Namaz
Self Control............Roza
Charity......................Zakat
Tour.........................Haj

Shaboo
06-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Al Quran
A BEAUTIFUL STORY ABOUT QURAN.....

Why do we read Quran, even if we can't understand Arabic words (mostly Asians Europeans and Americans) ???? This is a beautiful story.

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, 'Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?'

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, 'Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.'

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, 'You'll have to move a little faster next time,' and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, 'I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough,' and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, 'See Grandpa, it's useless!'

'So you think it is useless?' The old man said, 'Look at the basket.' The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

'Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out.
That is the work of Allah in our lives.'

May Allah S.W.T bless us all...
Ameen sum ameen Very touching and learning story…keep it up…this question also got into my mind many times since I were little and also been asked by non-muslim “what the point reading something everyday and don’t understand anything! Or why go to the mosque for quran reading?” Well remember my parents always said that once you have read it in Arabic later you can read the translation. And honestly didn’t got “time” to sit and read it …getting a guilty conscience now because how will we explain our children why it’s important to read Quran! Today's generation thinks they are much smarter and want an explanation of everything and many times you just don’t have any and keep quit! When the knowledge is weak then you can’t be strong enough to defend your religion.

Degrian
06-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Benifits of aayatul qursi

1) recite aayatul qursi at the time of leaving house because 70000 angels protect person from left, right, front and back and if a person dies before returning he will get 70 martyrs reward.

2)recite aayatul qursi 40 times every day at the time of sunset, person will get reward of 40 hajj.

3)recite aayatul qursi every night at bed, this creates one angel who will guard the person till morning..

4) recite aayatulqursi every time after doing ablution (wuzu) this will raise person 40 times in rank from each word.

5)recite aayatul qursi every time after returning home because it keeps away poverty.

Shaboo
06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Best of in Our Life:

Leader.....................Allah
Guide......................Quran
Lyrics.......................Azaan
Loyalty....................Imaan
Request...................Dua
Protection...............Fitra
Oath.........................Kalma
Exercise...................Namaz
Self Control............Roza
Charity......................Zakat
Tour.........................Haj
Like it alot
But wonderring something...how many sejidah is there in the quran?..couldn't find it maybe you have wrote it somewhere...

SilverStar
06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
14 Sajdha's - School nahi gai thein kia? :unsure:

Shaboo
06-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Professor
14 Sajdha's - School nahi gai thein kia?
:blushing:...Yaar school tu main abhi tak ja rahi houn lekin kya karoun paas hi nahin tum mujhe karte:sneaky2: Lagta hain ke Ustaad badalna parey ka:001_rolleyes:..

Waise sirf yeh yaad tha ke in 9th.saparah the first sajdah comes.

Shaboo

Degrian
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
There are 14 Sajda`s in Holy Quran as Follows...May Allah forgive me if i am wrong....
7- The Purgatory (Al-A'araf)
[7:206] Those at your Lord are never too proud to worship Him; they glorify Him and fall prostrate before Him.

13- Thunder (Al-Ra'ad)
[13:15] To GOD prostrates everyone in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and the evenings.

16- The Bee (Al-Nahl) 16:49] To GOD prostrates everything in the heavens and everything on earth - every creature - and so do the angels; without the least arrogance.

17:107] Proclaim, "Believe in it, or do not believe in it." Those who possess knowledge from the previous scriptures, when it is recited to them, they fall down to their chins, prostrating.

19- Mary (Maryam)

19:58] These are some of the prophets whom GOD blessed. They were chosen from among the descendants of Adam, and the descendants of those whom we carried with Noah, and the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and from among those whom we guided and selected. When the revelations of the Most Gracious are recited to them, they fall prostrate, weeping.

22- Pilgrimige (Al-Hajj)
22:18] Do you not realize that to GOD prostrates everyone in the heavens and the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the animals, and many people? Many others among the people are committed to doom. Whomever GOD shames, none will honor him. Everything is in accordance with GOD's will.

22:77] O you who believe, you shall bow, prostrate, worship your Lord, and work righteousness, that you may succeed.

25- The Statute Book (Al-Furqan)
[25:60] When they are told, "Fall prostrate before the Most Gracious," they say, "What is the Most Gracious? Shall we prostrate before what you advocate?" Thus, it only augments their aversion.

27- The Ant (Al-Naml)
[27:25] They should have been prostrating before GOD, the One who manifests all the mysteries in the heavens and the earth, and the One who knows everything you conceal and everything you declare.

32- Prostration (Al-Sajdah)
32:15] The only people who truly believe in our revelations are those who fall prostrate upon hearing them. They glorify and praise their Lord, without any arrogance.

38- S. (Saad)
[38:24] He said, "He is being unfair to you by asking to combine your sheep with his. Most people who combine their properties treat each other unfairly, except those who believe and work righteousness, and these are so few." Afterwards, David wondered if he made the right judgment. He thought that we were testing him. He then implored his Lord for forgiveness, bowed down, and repented

41- Detailed (Fussilat)
41:37] Among His proofs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not prostrate before the sun, nor the moon; you shall fall prostrate before the GOD who created them, if you truly worship Him alone.

53- The Stars (Al-Najm)
53:62] You shall fall prostrate before GOD, and worship.

84- The Rupture (Al-Inshiqaaq)
[84:21] And when the Quran is recited to them, they do not fall prostrate.

96- The Embryo (Al-Alaq)
96:19] You shall not obey him; you shall fall prostrate and draw nearer.

Shaboo
06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Too sad na ke after you read something so nice which you should remember but you don't! You hear a song once and you will be able to remember the lyrics!!!Hmm..hmm..me still striking from here and only Professor ji's fault! Hrmf...

Degrian
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
"The Holy Prophet (SAW) Said:
1) Four things that make your body sick:-

a)Excessive talking
b)Excessive sleeping
c)Excessive eating and
d)Excessive meeting/outing with people

2) Four things that destroys the body:-
a)Worrying
b)Sorrow (Sadness/Grief)
c)Hunger
d)Sleeping late at night

3) Four things that make the face looking dull and haggard:-
a)Lying
b)Being disrespectful/impudent (knowingly)
c) Baseless arguements
d)Excessive immorality (committing sins without fear)

4) Four things that make the face glow and shine:-
a) Piety
b) Loyalty
c) Generosity and kindness
d)Helpful to others without being asked

5) Four things make the Rizqi (Sustenance) stop:-
a) Sleeping till late in the morning (from Fajr to sunrise)
b) Not Performing Fardhu or Irregular in Prayers
c) Laziness/Idleness
d) Treachery/Dishonesty

6) Four things that bring/increase the Rizqi:-
a) Staying up in the night in prayers
b) Excessive Repentance
c) Regular Charity
d) Zikr (Remembrance of Allah)

[COLOR="magenta"]The Holy Prophet (SAW) said,

" Stop doing everything during the Azaan, even if you are reading the Quran.

The person who talks during the Azaan will not be able to say the Kalima E Shahada on his/her death bed".

............so be careful, do not to make this mistake!!!

faizanijaz
06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
mashallah n jazakkallah khair

Shaboo
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Keep it up the good work..

Degrian
06-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Thanks alot guys for ur comments...Insha Allah i will

nirma1230
06-18-2011, 10:41 AM
jazza ka allah, to share such a great information about the great QURAN, appreciated